By now I think everyone knows that Lance Armstrong was not telling the truth when he said he never doped to win at cycling.
Lies. Lies. Lies.
We’re still waiting to see how this thing with the Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o and his girlfriend hoax turns out.
History tells many stories of athletes who were stripped of their titles, fame and reputation due to illegal steroid use to enhance their performance.
Lying is bad.
And sooner or later, you are going to get caught. Don’t do it.
Better to tell the truth now, take your lumps if you have them coming, and move on. The longer you lie the worse it gets. Eventually, like Lance Armstrong, you forget who you really are and become the lie. And you have to constantly remember to keep telling stories that support the lie, and always worry if someone is going to find out and tell on you.
Just Tell the Truth!
Often times, it’s very hard to tell if a lie is true or not.
I found 10 interesting “facts” online and thought I’d share them with you.
See if you can you guess which ones are real facts – and which might be a lie?
1. Turtles can breathe through their butt.
2. American men are the only people to have walked on the moon.
3. Butterflies taste with their feet.
4. Bullfrogs do not sleep.
5. The hair on a polar bear is not white.
6. Women blink twice as much as men.
7. The Eiffel Tower gets taller in the summer.
8. A pineapple is neither pine nor apple but instead a group of berries.
9. 70% of red meat consumed worldwide is goat.
10. A Rubiks Cube can always be solved in 20 moves or less.
Take the quiz now then come back tomorrow to find out the truth.
Gotta go now…it’s Friday!
My favorite school day.